Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Canned pumpkin makes this creamy soup easy and delicious. With just a hint of spice, it’s perfect for cool weather. Coconut cream adds dairy free creaminess and richness to this velvety soup.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Add the seasonings, and cook for another minute.
- Add the pumpkin and broth. For a smoother soup, transfer to blender and puree until smooth and then transfer back to pot.
- Scoop the coconut cream off the top of the coconut milk and add the milk to the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer until heated through.
- Serve the soup topped with pistachios and a dollop of the reserved coconut cream.
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 •Protein 4