Lazy Girl Boxed Brownies
March 2, 2019
Let’s be honest for a moment. Sometimes even the most experienced bakers feel lazy. And sometimes there’s nothing better than whipping up a quick boxed brownie mix.
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready-in 60 mins
1 boxed brownie mix, with water, oil, and egg amounts according to package instructions
2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole roasted almonds
1/4 cup cocoa nibs
1/2 cup chocolate chips
finishing salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix brownie batter according to package instructions. In addition to the water, oil, and egg amounts specified on the package, add in instant coffee/espresso powder and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, then top with roasted almonds and cocoa nibs.
- Bake according to package instructions, making sure to use the knife test to check for done-ness. Allow to cool slightly while you melt your chocolate chips.
- To melt the chocolate chips, place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15 second increments on 50% power. Stir chips in between each addition.
- Once fully melted, drizzle over brownies and finish with sea salt.
Rated based on 0 customer reviews